While we have a cross-reference syllabus that allows you to use the 3rd Edition of DIVE Algebra 1 with the 2nd Edition of the Saxon Algebra 1 textbook, we do not recommend it. The second edition of Saxon Algebra 1 is almost 30 years old. It does not have enough geometry nor does it have lesson reference numbers or a solutions manual with step-by-step solutions.
Instead, to better prepare students for the new PSAT, SAT, as well as the ACT and college math courses, we now recommend our Shormann Interactive Algebra 1 instead of Saxon. You can think of Shormann Math as a 21st Century update to Saxon Math. Houghton Mifflin purchased Saxon and the new editions they published for Algebra 1 and 2 are not true to the Saxon methodology.
- Expert video instruction for every lesson
- Interactive homework with automated grading and grade recording
- Embedded help links to quickly re-learn forgotten concepts
- Video solutions for every homework question
- Q&A email support with Dr. Shormann
- Weekly quizzes and quarterly exams with solutions
- Over 200 practice problems for the ACT redesigned PSAT and SAT
- 3-6 week prep course for CLEP and AP exams earn up to 14 college credits
- Hosted in a state-of-the-art eLearning system similar to college math courses
- Self-paced Course with 24 month subscription period; offline access is provided
- Parents retain control of grading- change grades and reset assignments as needed
- Based on a biblical and historical foundation that inspires students to excel
- Not Common Core aligned
Shormann Interactive Math teaches math as the language of science. With an emphasis on math history, students get a clearer picture of the "why" behind math and learn how to use math as a tool to explore their world and enhance their own God-given creativity.
Hosted in a state-of-the-art eLearning Campus, similar to the systems used in college math classes, Shormann Interactive Math features expert video instruction, interactive homework with automated grading, video solutions, and Q&A support. Shormann students learn more efficiently and develop fluency with less homework than Saxon or any other publisher. It also prepares student to earn up to 14 college credits via CLEP and AP exams.
Select the links below to view sample lessons, Teacher Guides, and more!