IMPORTANT: If you have a co-op or homeschool class, please see Shormann Math for Co-Ops
There are several ways to use Shormann Interactive Math in a school.
- The most effective, efficient way for the student to learn, is to use the eLearning course. Unlike a live teacher, the video lecture can be paused and fast-forwarded, allowing students to learn at their own pace. The interactive homework features help links to quickly re-learn forgotten concepts and the instant feedback keeps students engaged. The video solutions, which can't be accessed until the assignment is completed and the grade is recorded in the online grade book, makes correcting missed problems easier which is critical to developing long-term retention and fluency. Since the eLearning course provides the instruction and grading, the teacher's primary responsibility is to supervise and make sure students follow the course instructions. Even small private schools who do not have a trained math teacher can give their students an excellent, college preparatory math education.
- Shormann Math can also be completed offline by using the eTextbook and eSolutions Manual. Students watch the video lectures in the eLearning system, but use the eTextbook to complete homework on paper. Homework answers can either be entered into the system or the teacher can grade it using the Solutions Manuals. If preferred, the teacher can watch the video lectures then teach the lesson to the students. How to Use Shormann Math Offline
- Any mixture of these two methods can also be used. For example, some teachers allow students to use the eLearning system but require students to solve all the homework questions for the lesson on paper. Then, after the teacher looks at their work, the student can enter their answers in the eLearning system. Some teach the lesson, then allow the students to complete homework in the eLearning system. Feel free to modify the course to fit your needs.
Pricing: Site Licenses for Schools
10 OR MORE STUDENT LICENSES:
- Student License: $49 per student for a 12 month eLearning subscription .
- **Teacher License: **$49 per teacher for a 12 month subscription to a teacher account.
LESS THAN 10 STUDENT LICENSES:
- Student License: $69 per student for a 12 month subscription.
- **Teacher License: **$69 per teacher for a 12 month subscription.
- eLearning Courses: contains all the components needed to complete the course including the printable eTextbook, as well as the video lectures, homework, quizzes, exams, and online grade book. All course components are licensed for use by one student for 12 months. Site licenses do not include Sibling Subscription privileges.
- Teacher License: Allows the teacher to login to the eLearning course, view the grade book for all of their students, change grades, and reset assignments. It also provides access to the complete eLearning course, eSolutions Manual, and Teacher Guides.
How to Purchase Site Licenses
ALLOW UP TO TWO WEEKS FOR CLASS SETUP
Send the following information to email@example.com. Upon verification, we will send an invoice with a payment link. Please allow up to two weeks to set up your class.
- School Contact Info
- Course Title(s)
- # of Student Licenses
- # of Teacher Licenses
- Teacher(s) Name and Email
- Student Names and Email Addresses (if available)
Can I Purchase Only the Shormannn Math Books
The Shormann Math books can not be purchased separately. They are included in the eLearning course. For details, see Site Licenses above.
To access placement tests and information, see Placement for Shormann Math.
With detailed instructions and scope & sequence, the Teacher's Guide for each course is posted on our website here: Teacher Guides for Shormann Math
A sample course, that allows you to login to the eLearning system and complete the first four lessons of each course, is available here: Sample Shormann Math Courses
eLearning Science Courses
We also have Science eLearning courses with a similar format. Learn More: eLearning Science Courses