Unlike DIVE Biology, Apologia Biology (without DIVE ) does not teach all the concepts required to prepare for the AP Biology exam. These students can either re-take Biology using our self-paced DIVE Biology eLearning Course or complete the Apologia Human Body textbook. Featuring expert video instruction, automated grading, video solutions, AP video labs, and Q&A email support with Dr. Shormann, DIVE Biology makes learning faster and easier!
Instructions for using the DIVE Biology eLearning Course ( 18-24 Weeks)
- Work on DIVE Biology 1.5 to 2 hours per day, four to five days per week.
- Skip the DIVE reading assignments for Lessons 1 - 22 (completed in Apologia).
- Complete all other DIVE assignments as instructed - digital flashcards, video lectures, review questions, video labs, and quarterly exams.
Study for the AP Exam. (4-6 weeks)
5. Complete our CLEP Professor for CLEP and AP Biology prep course.
6. Take 4-6 full-length, timed practice exams. These can be found in an AP Biology prep book and on The College Board website.
While there is some overlap between the two courses, much of the DIVE material is not taught in Apologia. For example, the required AP labs, chemical processes, human anatomy, and physiology are not covered in Apologia Biology. Any review of previously learned material will develop the fluency (speed and accuracy) required to succeed on the AP exam.
While DIVE Biology is set up as a 32-week self-paced course, a student who has completed Apologia Biology, working an 1.5 to 2 hours per day, can finish in 24 weeks or so. To ensure adequate time to study for the exam, complete DIVE Biology about 6-8 weeks before the AP Biology exam date.
For more information see: DIVE Advanced Placement FAQs