Yes, Dr. Shormann recommends switching to Shormann Algebra 2 now. It is much easier for the student to develop and maintain fluency when geometry is integrated with algebra. Upon completion, 1 full credit of geometry and 1 full credit of Algebra 2 is earned.
Shormann Algebra 2 also provides better preparation for the PSAT, SAT, as well as the ACT, college math courses, and the CLEP College Algebra exam (3 college credits). You can think of Shormann Math as a 21st Century update to the original Saxon Math courses. Houghton Mifflin purchased Saxon and the new editions they published for Algebra 1 and 2 are not true to the Saxon methodology. The FAQ linked at the bottom has detailed information on the differences between Saxon and Shormann Math as well as a full scope and sequence.
Shormann Math features interactive homework with instant feedback, helpful links for each homework question, and video solutions that make learning faster and easier. So, even if there are a few additional lessons, overall the student will spend less time on math.
Shormann Interactive Math FAQs
Need Help? Contact a Math Consultant
Shormann Interactive Math
Published by Dr. Shormann, author of the award-winning DIVE video lectures for Saxon Math, and based on John Saxon’s original teaching methods of incremental development, continual review, and integrated algebra and geometry, Shormann Math is a 21st Century curriculum that teaches all the concepts required to excel on the newly redesigned PSAT and SAT as well as the ACT, CLEP and AP exams. It includes concepts like technology applications, computer math, real-world word problems, and non-standard solutions not found in Saxon Math or most other math curriculum.
- Expert video instruction for every lesson
- Interactive homework with automated grading and grade recording
- Embedded help links to quickly re-learn forgotten concepts
- Video solutions for every homework question
- Q&A email support with Dr. Shormann
- Weekly quizzes and quarterly exams with solutions
- Over 200 practice problems for the ACT redesigned PSAT and SAT
- 3-6 week prep course for CLEP and AP exams earn up to 14 college credits
- Hosted in a state-of-the-art eLearning system similar to college math courses
- Self-paced Course with 24 month subscription period; offline access is provided
- Parents retain control of grading- change grades and reset assignments as needed
- Based on a biblical and historical foundation that inspires students to excel
- Not Common Core aligned
Shormann Interactive Math teaches math as the language of science. With an emphasis on math history, students get a clearer picture of the "why" behind math and learn how to use math as a tool to explore their world and enhance their own God-given creativity.
Hosted in a state-of-the-art eLearning Campus, similar to the systems used in college math classes, Shormann Interactive Math features expert video instruction, interactive homework with automated grading, video solutions, and Q&A support. Shormann students learn more efficiently and develop fluency with less homework than Saxon or any other publisher. It also prepares student to earn up to 14 college credits via CLEP and AP exams.