DID THE STUDENT USE THE THIRD EDITION OF SAXON ALGEBRA 1.
No: CLICK HERE. Yes: Continue below
SELECT THE ONE THAT BEST DESCRIBES YOUR STUDENT
- My student failed Saxon Algebra 1
- My student did not finish Saxon Algebra 1
- My student passed, but struggled in Saxon Algebra 1
- My student earned an 80+ on the last 5 tests in Saxon Algebra 1: See below
STUDENT EARNED 80+ ON THE LAST 5 TESTS
Dr. Shormann recommends Shormann Algebra 2 with Integrated Geometry. While, there is a small gap between Saxon Algebra 1 and Shormann Algebra 2, a good math student learns them in the review section (first 25 lessons) of Shormann Algebra 2. Since some of these review lessons may not be a review to your student, it may take longer to complete them. Use the self-paced timed method described in the Teacher Guide (pages 4-7). This gives the additional time required to learn these concepts without becoming overwhelmed or frustrated. If you are unsure, take this Placement Test for Algebra 2. Students who pass it are ready for Shormann Algebra 2.
Why do you recommend Shormann Algebra 2 instead of Saxon?
- Shormann Algebra 2 earns the second1/2 credit of geometry (Saxon only has 1/3)
- Has interactive assignments with auto-grading and video solutions that make learning faster and easier.
- Provides better preparation for Shormann Algebra 2, which earns the remaining 1/2 credit of geometry, teaches every concept on the PSAT, SAT, and ACT, as well as the CLEP College Algebra exam (can earn 3 college credits).
- Learn More: Saxon vs Shormann
How will I list the credits on my transcript?
Students who take Saxon Algebra 1 followed by Shormann Algebra 2, have earned 1 credit each of Algebra 1, Algebra 2, and Geometry.
Need Help? Contact a Math Consultant