The eLearning system does not require completion of an assignment to access the next one. So technically, the system allows you to skip lessons. However, if your student has completed Algebra 1 but has not taken at least 1/2 of a Geometry course, Dr. Shormann recommends students complete all the lessons in Shormann Algebra 1. Otherwise the student will lose fluency in the algebraic skills developed in Algebra 1, making it harder to learn Algebra 2. Shormann Algebra 1 teaches many concepts not found in other curricula, including computer math, technology applications (ie: Geometer's Sketchpad, spreadsheets, etc), and Algebra 1 level PSAT, SAT, and ACT concepts. Re-taking Algebra 1 using Shormann Math will take the same amount of time, or less, than if the student takes Geometry then Algebra 2. If needed, students who take Shormann Algebra 1 after completing a different Algebra 1 course, and complete Shormann Algebra 2, can list Shormann Algebra 1 as a geometry credit on their high school transcript. Alternatively, Shormann Algebra 1 & 2 can be listed as Integrated Math 1, Integrated Math 2, and Integrated Math 3. Learn More
- Knowledge Base Articles
- Shormann Interactive Math Product Questions
- Can my student do only the geometry lessons in Shormann Algebra 1?
Can my student do only the geometry lessons in Shormann Algebra 1?
- Does Shormann Algebra 1 & 2 meet the Georgia's Accelerated Standards?
Next Article in Topic
- Can my student do more than 1 lesson per day?
Previous Article in Topic
- My student completed Saxon Algebra 1, 3rd Edition. Is he ready for Shormann Algebra 2?
- My child is taking Saxon Algebra 1. Should I switch to Shormann Algebra 1 now?
- Credits for Saxon Algebra 1 or 2 followed by a Shormann Math course.
- My student is required to take Saxon Algebra 1/2.
- If my student completed Geometry, can he skip the geometry lessons in Shormann Algebra 2?
- My student used Math U See for pre-algebra. Is my student ready for Shormann Algebra 1?