Because it incorporates concepts from the new PSAT & SAT that are not taught in Saxon, Dr. Shormann wrote a stand-alone curriculum that does not follow Saxon or any other publisher. It is a complete stand-alone curriculum with video lectures,video solutions, interactive homework, quizzes, and exams, auto-grading, and grade recording. Unless your student is on lesson 80+, he recommends switching to Shormann Algebra 1. While your student will need to start with lesson one, Shormann Math has fewer lessons and problems, and tools that make learning math more efficient, so it won’t take any longer to complete Algebra 1 and Algebra 2, which also earns 1 full credit of Geometry, than if you continued with Saxon Algebra 1, Algebra 2, and Saxon Advanced Math (required to earn 1 full credit of Geometry). Learn More: My child is taking Saxon Algebra 1. Should I switch to Shormann Algebra 1 now?
- Knowledge Base Articles
- Shormann Interactive Math Product Questions
- Does Shormann Math follow Saxon Math?
Does Shormann Math follow Saxon Math?
- Does Shormann Math Teach Proofs?
Next Article in Topic
- Shormann Math and Saxon Math vs. Other Curriculums
Previous Article in Topic
- Does Shormann Math prepare students for the Florida Standards Assessments?
- Virginia Standards Correlations to Shormann Math
- Math Student Placement Chart and Placement Tests
- Is Shormann Math aligned to Common Core?
- How does Shormann Math compare to other math curricula?
- Saxon vs Shormann Math