WHAT LESSON IS YOUR STUDENT CURRENTLY ON?
- Lesson 61 or Higher: CLICK HERE
- Lessons 1-60: See Below
STUDENT COMPLETED LESSONS 1-60 OR IS STRUGGLING IN LESSONS 61 OR HIGHER:
Because Shormann Math teaches concepts on the new PSAT & SAT that are not taught in Saxon Math, Dr. Shormann recommends switching to Shormann Algebra 1 now.
Can my student skip some lessons in Shormann Algebra 1?
Shormann Algebra 1 includes 1/2 credit of geometry as well as other 21st Century topics not taught in Saxon Algebra 1. Therefore, Dr. Shormann recommends all students start with lesson 1 and complete all lessons. Keep in mind, even if the student starts with Lesson 1, he will still have fewer lessons to complete than if he continued with Saxon Algebra 1, 2, and the first 40 lessons of Advanced Math (required to complete the Geometry credit).
For example, if your student is on lesson 60 in Saxon Algebra 1 he would have to complete 60 lessons of Algebra 1, 128 lessons of Algebra 2, and 40 lessons in Advanced Math to earn one credit of Algebra 1, one credit of Algebra 2, and one credit of Geometry. That's a total of 233 lessons.
If the same student switches to Shormann Math now and starts with Lesson 1, he would only have to complete 200 lessons (100 lessons in Shormann Algebra 1 and 100 lessons in Shormann Algebra 2) to earn those same credits. So starting with Lesson 1 in Shormann Math is not going to take any longer than if the student continues with Saxon Math. While Saxon has 30 problems per lesson, Shormann only has 20 problems each. Also, the Shormann eLearning course, featuring instant feedback, automated grading, and video solutions, make learning math faster and easier.
Hosted in a state-of-the-art eLearning Campus, similar to the systems used in college math classes, Shormann Interactive Math features expert video instruction, interactive homework with automated grading, video solutions, and Q&A support. Shormann students learn more efficiently and develop fluency with less homework than Saxon. It also prepares students to earn up to 14 college credits via CLEP and AP exams.
Shormann Interactive Math
Published by Dr. Shormann, author of the award-winning DIVE video lectures for Saxon Math, and based on John Saxon’s original teaching methods of incremental development, continual review, and integrated algebra and geometry, Shormann Math is a 21st Century curriculum that teaches all the concepts required to excel on the newly redesigned PSAT and SAT as well as the ACT, CLEP, and AP exams. It includes concepts like technology applications, computer math, real-world word problems, and non-standard solutions not found in Saxon Math or most other math curricula.
Shormann Interactive Math teaches math as the language of science. With an emphasis on math history, students get a clearer picture of the "why" behind math and learn how to use math as a tool to explore their world and enhance their own God-given creativity.
- Expert video instruction for every lesson
- Interactive homework with automated grading and grade recording
- Embedded help links to quickly re-learn forgotten concepts
- Video solutions for every homework question
- Q&A email support with Dr. Shormann
- Weekly quizzes and quarterly exams with solutions
- Over 200 practice problems for the ACT redesigned PSAT and SAT
- 3-6 week prep course for CLEP and AP exams earn up to 14 college credits
- Hosted in a state-of-the-art eLearning system similar to college math courses
- Self-paced Course with 24 month subscription period; offline access is provided
- Parents retain control of grading- change grades and reset assignments as needed
- Based on a biblical and historical foundation that inspires students to excel
- Not Common Core aligned
Need Help? Contact a Math Consultant