Math is the language of science, an important tool used to discover and better understand the world God created. Therefore, placement in a DIVE Science course is determined by the student's math level at the time he/she is starting the course. Find your student's grade and math level below to determine course placement.
Has the student taken a good Integrated Chemistry and Physics (Physical Science) or Biology course?
Yes: Placement Chart for DIVE Science
No: See the placement info below:
- 7th Grade & Taking Pre-Algebra or Higher (or Saxon 8/7, 2nd or 3rd Edition): Take DIVE Earth Science
- 8th Grade & Taking Pre-Algebra (or Saxon 8/7, 2nd or 3rd Edition): Take DIVE Earth Science
- 8th Grade & Taking Algebra 1 (or higher): Take Integrated Chemistry and Physics Course
- 9th Grade & Taking Pre-Algebra: Take DIVE Earth Science
- 9th Grade Taking Algebra 1: Integrated Chemistry and Physics Course - if ICP or similar has been taken, then DIVE Biology is recommended.
- 9th Grade Taking Algebra 2: A good student can take Chemistry this year, then Biology. Struggling and reluctant students should take ICP, followed by Biology.